Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Week 4 of MTC

Hola!

I LEAVE THE MTC IN 13 DAYS!!!!
So the MTC is getting pretty repetitive so I don't have a whole lot to say....

But this week we were able to go "contacting," and we first talked to this lady, and I understood most of what she was saying, but she basically gave us a huge layout of every country in South America and the weather that country has....why? I have no idea, but she was so cute and super funny and her friend that was sitting by her must have gotten bored cause she just got up and walked away...ha we also met a couple and I started talking to them and he spoke super fast Spanish, so I said, "Mi espanol is no bueno, repite mas llento" (My Spanish is really bad, repeat is much slower", then I'm not even joking, we had a real life "Best Two Years" moment.  The guy said, "I speak English", and with a huge smile on my face I said, "ME TOO!!"  It was great, he is atheist but we were able to clear up some misunderstandings of our church that he had.

Also we were able to go on splits with missionaries in the Santiago East Mission for 3 hours.  It was cool, right now everyone is on vacation so we were able to teach a lesson but we got to talk to a few people and it was nice to see a little bit of what the field is like!  

So the food.....I'm still being picky, what's new?  The food still make my stomach kinda sick, so I'm mostly just eating a ton of fruits and vegetables. To put this in more perspective, I eat more fruit in a day than Jen's entire family eats in 2 days.  Do you realize how much fruit that is?!?!  Anyone who knows Jen knows that her family eats way healthy and tons of fruits and veggies.....Also I had a banana for 10 meals in a row without realizing it.....do I really like bananas that much, no, no I do not.  But they are good and make me feel full!

My Favorite scriptures this week were in 3 Nephi 17:1-9, it takes about Christ teaching and when people began to be tired or "weak" Christ told them to go home, ponder, and prepare and he would be back the next day.  How can we prepare now for the words of the prophets at conference so that we are prepared for what they have to teach us?

Sorry for the shorter email, everything is just so repetitive now that I don't know what to talk about...

Key Things I learned this week:
1. The Greatest Blessing I have right now is being worthy to serve
2. Now is the time to tighten your grip on the iron rod
3. If you are struggling with anything, increase your tithes and fast offerings
4. An education is lighting a fire and opening many doors to opportunity, so study hard!

Love you all!  I pray for you every night!!  Thanks for the loving support!
Hermana Sullivan
Chile Santiago South Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment