Monday, March 6, 2017

Mission Week 6

HOLA From the South!

I'M FREEEEE!!!!!!

Okay to finish off last week, then ill tell you about leaving the CCM yesterday!

During the week all the elders got hair cuts in preparation for meeting their mission presidents....well one elder's hair cut was awful!!! Uneven super defined lines....so during district planning, I used my cheap scissors and ¨fixed¨ it for him, it looked soo much better!  It was by all means not perfect, but it did look better, one elder was like ¨From nurse, to missionary, and now barber?!¨ It was funny and Elder C------- was really grateful!

So the first couple days at the CCM my comps were late for EVERYTHING!!  So while one was in the shower and the other was in the bathroom, I took my only opportunity and set the clocks 5 mins fast.  Ever since, we have been 3 minutes early to everything.  Well this week while walking to our final class Hna T----- said, ¨I don't understand how we are always early!¨  Then I said, ¨confession time....¨ They both just started laughing....moral of this story is, there is a good and logical reason for setting clocks fast....We were so obedient with being on time:)

Hermana M------- from Argentina was in our room at the CCM and she is so cute and sassy!  One night she was teasing me for not knowing Spanish, and so I was teasing her back for not knowing English.  She was all giggly... Then I said, ¨Hermana M-------, no entienden espanol, por favor hablar en engle!¨(Hermana M--------, I don't understand Spanish, please speak in English!¨ and in the cutest, but stern voice, in pretty perfect English she yells, ¨Hermana Sushivan, Silence Please!¨ We all busted up laughing! She is my favorite Latina of this group.

Okay, the day has come!! Yesterday we left the CCM and came to the south mission!  At the mission office we had a ¨Transfer meeting¨ where we got our companions, and all the comp exchanges happen.  All the new people sat on the stand at first and they introduced us, I was the last sister to get introduced and President introduced me by saying, ¨Hermana Sullivan from Utah, she will also be our mission nurse!¨  I got a standing ovation for being the nurse......they have had a lot of dog bites lately (There are 2 million stray dogs in Santiago).  I'll be honest, I was smiling pretty big, it was cool!

The plan, an Elder from Mexico who is also a nurse has been helping with the medical needs, but it's not his calling. So over the next 6 weeks he will help transition me to  being the full time nurse.  We will meet with him weekly until I am able to take over.  But I will officially take over in 6 weeks.  

My new companion is an ANGEL FROM HEAVEN!!! And an answer to soooo many prayers!!  Her last companion was terrible, so she is so kind and compassionate!  Also she loves smoothies....nuff said there.  She is organized and clean, on time to everything, and she had 4 lessons planned for my first day (yesterday).  It was the most perfect day!  Today we went shopping and deep cleaned our house.  

We live in 2 bedroom hours by ourselves and it's so nice!!  One room is just for our studying desks and stuff.  Its pretty nice! Also we have 2 locks and an alarm system, plus a gate to lock us in our yard.  So were pretty safe!

I am so excited to finally get to work and be free of the CCM!!

Happy Week Everyone!
Love you all!
Hermana Sullivan



No comments:

Post a Comment